Friday, September 21, 2018

Chasing my aesthetic (a tour of my stuff)

Hello again! Tonight I'd like to show you around my room a bit. I still struggle with clutter quite a bit but there are a few places that I'm proud of, aesthetically speaking.  Apologies for the low quality pictures. 

Here are some of my accessories. The tiny top hats are from A Red Thread Clothing.  I would wear them literally all the time but I need to fix the fastenings.

I have so many accessories that I love, but which give me dysphoria. I'd love to figure out ways to wear them that let me express my inner feminine masculinity. 




This bookcase showcases three of my gothy loves. 
1) Draculaura (and Elissabat) from Monster High, which is a setting I adore because it's perfectly normal to be whimsical and spooky. Not to mention most characters are decent to each other. 
2) the Gothic Charm School book. The Lady of the Manners is one of my personal role models, and her advice column has remained invaluable since my babybat days. 
3) the Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber. It's about two goth kids who delight in their shared subculture. Although I love the main character, I always related more to her male love interest, a quiet artsy vampire boy named Alexander Sterling. Yep, Sterling. With great gusto, I named myself after him. 


And here's my altar to the God. Sorry for the bad lighting! That book in the background (doubling as my God "figurine") is called Horns of Power and I highly recommend it. Also featured are the rainbow candle which I use to invoke Nonbinary Deity in the first ritual I led, and my bottle of testosterone gel. On that note, today I'm two months on T!


Next time I hope to take stock of the current state of my wardrobe, but I have to do laundry first. ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment